The New York School of Urban Ministry (NYSUM) is a “practical urban training school” that equips Christians through hands-on, cross-cultural, short-term missions experiences. Since 1984, NYSUM has trained over 30,000 people in urban ministry, including groups from seminaries, universities, colleges, Bible schools, churches, and missions organizations.
The following examples of the outreaches that mission teams are involved in during the NYSUM Experience:
- Cross-cultural evangelistic outreaches in Muslim, Jewish, Afro-Carribean, and Hispanic communities
- Ministry to NYC’s homeless on streets and in soup kitchens
- Ministry to NYC’s disabled at school for those with cerebral palsy
- Ministry to NYC’s terminally ill at local hospital
- Prayer walk for the nations at the United Nations Headquarters
At NYSUM, we link each team with local NYC pastors, churches, and other ministry partners to reclaim the lost together.