Contact: Daniel Silva – 718-204-6471 Email: email@example.com
WHAT MAKES NYSUM UNIQUE FROM OTHER FAITH BASED VOLUNTEER MINISTRIES IS:
- NYSUM is a short-term training and resource center serving the Urban Church and communities to reach those in need.
- For 33 years the New York School of Urban Ministry has trained over 40 thousand urban leaders in “Hands on” compassion ministry.
- We have very comfortable Dorm-style accommodations with air conditioning in each room.
- Upon arrival your team is given a time of orientation. This time is designed to familiarize you with our facilities and review your ministry schedule.
- We prepare your entire itinerary which includes 2 full ministries per day.
- We have a wide variety of ministry opportunities.
- We offer 30-minute prep classes lead by a NYSUM leader that will review the details of each ministry.
- We offer round trip ministry transportation.
- A NYSUM leader accompanies each group to the ministry site.. This leader will help to assure you get the most from your assigned ministry.
- We’re located in a safe convenient neighborhood – 20 minutes from Manhattan – by subway.
- We offer airport pickup and drop-off.
- We have a time of debrief at the conclusion of your stay at which time you’re given the opportunity to share your experience and offer suggestions.
- We have a beautiful dining hall where we serve delicious food.
- We have laundry facilities on each floor.
- Gift shop, Wifi, Café, & vending machines are available.
FAQ’S FROM GUEST
- How is lodging? We recently completed renovations on our dorm floors. Just to give you an idea of our lodging accommodations – Each dorm room consist of 3 to 5 bunk beds – 1 bathroom and 1 sink. Showers are accessed from the halls and are shared. There are washers and dryers as well on each dorm floor. Heating and air conditioning are in each room and controlled by guest.
- What are the ministries offered? NYSUM has a variety of ministries such as Food Truck – serving the homeless, Soup Kitchens, Homeless Ministry,–( Manhattan in the evening distribute hot beverages, sandwiches, care packages and blankets as well as bibles and ministry materials, Children’s ministry, Women and Children’s Shelters, Prayer Stations, Friendship Evangelism –Staten Island Ferry and New York’s subways. These are just a few of the interactive ministries?
HOW DOES A TYPICAL DAY OF MINISTRY LOOK
- Your group will participate in 2 ministries per day. 1 after breakfast and 1 after dinner.
HOW FAR FROM MANHATTAN
- How far from Manhattan. NYSUM is conveniently located to Manhattan – only 20 minutes away by subway.
HOW FAR TO THE NEAREST SUBWAY
- 2 BLOCKS
- Is there parking? Yes, however, parking is limited.
- Is there transportation? If your group will be arriving by plane or charter bus – NYSUM will provide transportation to all ministries accompanied by a NYSUM leader. Should you bring vans you will use your vans for ministry transportation and be accompanied by a NYSUM leader to each ministry site.
NEIGHBORHOOD – There are many stores conveniently located to NYSUM such as a 24hr Rite-Aid and a Health Food Store 2 blocks away. There’s also a shopping district 4 short blocks away with a wide variety of retail stores.
WHERE WILL WE SERVE
- NYSUM serves all 5 boroughs of NYC, which, are Manhattan, Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, and Staten Island.
WHAT ARE THE AGE REQUIREMENTS
- Guest must be 14 yrs or older to serve at NYSUM. We also have seasonal outreaches that accommodate families.
IS THERE A REFRIGERATOR
- There is a refrigerator should you need to store medication or anything needed for those with dietary restrictions.
IS THERE A GIFT SHOP
- We have a gift shop where you can purchase books, tee shirts and other gifts.
- You’ll definitely want to purchase our new NYSUM calendar
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER REGISTRATION
- You will want to contact us should there be any changes in your reservation and also make your installment payments. We’ll also update you with any information you’ll need.